Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!!

I had an amazing new years eve, that's for sure! I went to a party with some people from my school, I am going to be very honest and say that I did want to spend it with some other exchange students but I decided to force myself to hang out with German people and I am SO glad I did! I had a blast. Not exactly like a party at home, there weren't tons of people over flowing the house we were in like all parties at home, but a reasonable amount of people. At 12 we all went outside to count down and everyone gave everyone else hugs and then time for FIREWORKS!!! For the next hour, everywhere you looked there were tons of fireworks going off! I know that at home you can buy packages and some people set them off, but here it looks like EVERYONE does! I swear there was no where you could look and not see them going off. :) It was really pretty!
The party ended a little bit early because I guess people were tired. Four of us decided to share a taxi and one girl had pre ordered it, but either it just didn't show up or we think some other people at the party took our taxi, and we ended up waiting two hours (until 5:30 or so) and then ended up calling a friend who drove us home!
I'm super glad I decided to go and it was an amazing start to 2010. :)
Happy 2010-ing everyone! Good luck this year!